On Sun, 21 May 2000, Kai Großjohann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Daniel Pittman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> Still, I don't want to commit this without knowing that it at least
>> works for a few people, and I really /don't/ understand how the MULE
>> integration has been done in rcp.
>
> Well, that makes two of us...

Hrm. In that case, since it seems to be biting me, I might put in some
effort to learning how MULE works and implementing it properly for RCP.
Assuming you don't object, of course.

> MULE comes into play in different places, but for the shell buffer,
> I'm basically hoping that the MULE machinery does everything right
> automatically.

Seems not to, at least for me. It keeps deciding on 'undecided-mac' as
the coding system, which is just wrong.

[...]

> [looks into the code]
>
> Oops!  Where did that `echo foo ; echo bar' go?  Surely searching for
> ^M characters won't work unless there's at least one line ending in
> the buffer.
>
> Will try to change this now -- can you test it to see if it works,
> Daniel?

Er, no. Still fails, in the same way as previously. Darn.

        Daniel

--
He who cannot change the very fabric of his thought will never be able to
change reality, and will never, therefore, make any progress.