On Wed, 24 May 2000, Kai Großjohann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Every now and then, the subject of name change comes up.
> Possibilities that I can think of:

[...]

>   * tramp: Transparent RAMP.  Kudos to Pete Forman again.  Pro: even
>     better description of abilities.  Con: potentially bad
>     connotations of `tramp'?

This works for me. Er, and it's a name for a software product. I really
don't think that people[1] are really going to see it as more than a
clever joke.

After all, several more questionable names[2] are in common use.

[...]

        Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  For 'people,' read 'EMACS users' througout.

[2]  LaTeX, for example, is most often pronounced in, er, questionable
     tones.[3]

[3]  Well, maybe it's just the people I know... ;)

--
Reality is a collective hunch.
        -- Jane Wagner