On 06 Jun 2000, Hal Snyder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> FWIW, I'm still getting the LOCKNAME error reported recently, with
> tramp.el 1.388.

Sorry to have been quiet, I am hoping to soon have access to a machine
where I can debug this issue directly. Do you have enough knowledge of
Lisp to debug it?

If so, you may be able to help thinks by breaking at the start of
`save-buffer' and seeing where it is that LOCKNAME gets broken. I have a
nasty suspicion that it may be a bug in TRAMP somewhere, but I can't be
sure without the debug run to find out where it goes west...

[...]

> Well, it is now possible to save files edited remotely. Is this asking
> for trouble? :-0

You should be just fine. I think that you will no longer get clash
detection, but I doubt you use it anyway.[1]

        Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  I don't even think it was enabled in that version of XEmacs...

--
Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the
ability to see beauty never grows old.