> "find . \! -name . -prune -print" does not recurse, but "find . \!
> -name . -prune -name b\* -print" does recurse.  Why?
> Stefan, Oh Great Find Guru?

I'm no find guru, but it indeed seems to be hitting yet-another-find-bug.
[ GNU find has been fairly buggy in my experience ]
On Solaris, it does the right thing.

It seems that mixing -prune and -name is a loser on GNU find.
(actually the behavior looks correct when -prune is after -name,
but then it's not the behavior we want any more).

        Stefan

PS: this particular bug has probably been fixed since the canonical GNU find
    is version 4.1 which dates back to about 1994 I believe.  Too bad that
    the newer versions are still labeled "alpha/beta".