(Posted&Mailed!)

Hi Kai and all the others out there:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> On 02 Aug 2000, Alexander Schindler wrote:
>
> > Indeed, Perl gives an error message which seems to cause tramp to
> > die, even though the message (in my opinion) isn't a fatal one for
> > perl:
>
> Yes.  Have a look at tramp.el and search for tramp_file_attributes.
> This is a shell function which invokes Perl with a script on the
> command line.  Does it help if you add `2>/dev/null' in a strategic
> place?  If this makes the warning disappear, Bob might be your uncle.

Seems like I have a new uncle :-)
Changing the following in tramp.el:

3303c3303
<                " -e '" tramp-perl-file-attributes "' $1 2>/dev/null"
tramp-rsh-end-of-line
---
>                " -e '" tramp-perl-file-attributes "' $1" tramp-rsh-end-of-line

makes everything running perfect. Concerning the other problem I had -
I already guessed that some messages which go to stdout/stderr would
confuse tramp, but I expected it to be the new (2.1) Version of
ssh/scp, which sends some transfer statistics to std(out/err). So I
changed tramp-rcp-program in tramp.el to "scp -q" (-q = quite) - ok,
I'm probably not a lisp-guru...

Thanks to all of you for listening and support,
best wishes,
        Alexander

--
Alexander Schindler                         Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Condensed Matter Theory Group               WWW:  www.sst.ph.ic.ac.uk