On 09 Nov 2000, Hannu Koivisto wrote:

> This assumption doesn't seem to hold with vc-update-change-log; if
> I try to call vc-update-change-log (in a local directory) with
> TRAMP loaded I get an error saying that `file' variable is void.  I
> took a quick look at vc-update-change-log's source and that's the
> way it seems to be indeed.

The new version might work for local calls.  Does it?  I haven't
tested it.  Committed a few seconds ago.

vc-update-change-log won't work for remote files, anyway, since it
calls rcs2cl using call-process which doesn't work remotely.  (In
Emacs 21, didn't check Emacs 20.)

kai
--
The arms should be held in a natural and unaffected way and never
be conspicuous. -- Revised Technique of Latin American Dancing