                              ^
> (setq tramp-decoding-command' "/usr/bin/uudecode -p")
                              ^

The quotes are superfluous.  Also, you're not supposed to set these
variables directly, you're supposed to frob the corresponding
tramp-methods parameter.

> I can retrieve not clearcase files but when I try to get one from
> clearcase I get
> *tramp output* :
>   rcp: /vobs/kiva/its/makefile: No such file or directory

It appears that you're not using one of the uuencode inline methods.
Or the method is wrongly set up.  Hm.

kai
--
The arms should be held in a natural and unaffected way and never
be conspicuous. -- Revised Technique of Latin American Dancing