On Sat, 03 Mar 2001, Tom Roche wrote:

> When I try to _save_ the buffer, I get the error
>
>> Method `t' didn't specify tramp args
>
> which appears to be caused by tramp's desire to call
> tramp-rcp-program in order to save the backup file
>
> /r@t:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/ncsu/tlroche/.emacs~
>
> Any ideas how to fix this? FWIW I tried setting

He he, that's a fun typo.  It should have been ``didn't specify rcp
args''.  When I renamed rcp.el into Tramp, I made one substitution too
many...

Tramp is quite anal about having all kinds of method parameters.
Don't let any of them default to anything.  Specify them all.  So just
add (tramp-rcp-args nil) into the method spec, and you should be all
set.  Look at the other methods so you're sure you're not missing
anything that should be set to nil.

I agree that this is not nice, but OTOH you don't add a new method
every day, so maybe it's not too bad.

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.