Presuming TRAMP2 is still wish-list-able, could I suggest what might
be a feature?

I work with several servers, more than a few of which have ungodly
long user/host/paths: e.g.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/local/dev/tlroche/webassign/v4

PuTTY, like many FTPs, has a nice feature whereby one can save the
details of a connection setup (notably server name) with a short
label. PuTTY calls these 'Saved Sessions': I prefer to think of them
as aliases. Thus having once made and saved a connection to the above
server as 'w2', I need only type

> putty @w2

instead of

> putty [EMAIL PROTECTED]

So I was wondering: might it be possible to provide a similar
functionality in TRAMP? Extra points if one could alias a path as well
as user/hostname: if I could do something like

+ C-x C-f /r@t;v4/ScoreAnalysis.pm

instead of (broken for mail)

- C-x C-f /r@t:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/local/dev/tlroche/
- webassign/v4/ScoreAnalysis.pm

I'd be thrilled. You may, of course, substitute <your token here> for
';'.

FWIW, [EMAIL PROTECTED]