> I'm sorry that I have been unable to keep up with my mail in
 > the past several months :-(

See, you need to train *all* your secretaries on Emacs ;o)

This is a good one to add to the FAQ:
M-x debug-on-entry
M-x efs-ftp-path

Unfortunately, it looks that I need to report this as a bug to the XEmacs
folks.

SPECS:
xemacs-21.4.0 -q running on RH 7, latest debug v1.14 & edebug v1.13
& efs v1.22 packages

ERROR MSG:
Typing the above M-x debug... lines results in:

Signaling: (error "Definition of efs-ftp-path is not a list")
signal(error ("Definition of efs-ftp-path is not a list"))
cerror("Definition of %s is not a list" efs-ftp-path)
apply(cerror "Definition of %s is not a list" efs-ftp-path)
error("Definition of %s is not a list" efs-ftp-path)
debug-on-entry(efs-ftp-path)
call-interactively(debug-on-entry)
command-execute(debug-on-entry t)
execute-extended-command(nil)
call-interactively(execute-extended-command)