On 25 May 2001, Kai Großjohann wrote:
> On 25 May 2001, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>
>> Is there any good reason why the Perl code used by Tramp
>> does not work with Perl-4 (and why it won't work with Perl-6) ?
>
> I have no idea whether it works on Perl 4.  However, since it doesn't
> even work on a particular instance of Perl 5...

I have no idea if it works with Perl 4, because I have not Perl 4
anywhere to test with.

> Daniel, I think you came up with the implementation in the first
> place.  Have you got an idea?

I can't think of a single reason why this would fail with *any* of the
Perl 5 family, though, because it uses only the very basic core
functionality of Perl 5. If it's a working Perl 5, it should be a
working Perl thingy.

Maybe it's some very strange shell quoting bug in that version of his
shell or something?

Note that I have not read most of this thread; I have been rather
distracted from TRAMP lately. :/

        Daniel

--
The only place men want depth in a woman is in her décolletage.
        -- Zsa Zsa Gabor