On 03 Jun 2001, Kai Großjohann wrote:
> On 03 Jun 2001, Daniel Pittman wrote:
>
>> Generally, using `verify-visited-file-modtime', as I
>> understand. Since tramp does not implement this, I don't know what
>> Emacs would do...
>
> Hm.  Hmmmm....  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
>
> I'm really confused.  For it works fine if I enter a letter, it only
> fails with undo.

I can't say for sure that it's related to the problem you describe, but
it sounds suspiciously like it, from some of the things I noted with
TRAMP2.

> Do you know any details on when does Emacs call
> verify-visited-file-modtime?  I suppose if the Perl file-attributes
> implementation is used, Tramp could implement that operation, too.

I don't know that much about the internals of Emacs, sorry. XEmacs
certainly uses it every time it wants to find out if a file has changed
behind it's back...

        Daniel

--
...Two and two are four. Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five.
Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try