I think I've managed to shoot myself in the foot with CVS.  I wonder
if there is a doctor here who can help me with this kind of injury?

Once upon a time, I forked a `stable' branch.  Then I made changes to
the stable branch as well as the head.  Now I want to say: whatever is
in the head that seems stable enough, so just update my stable branch
to whatever is in the head.

So, I created a new directory, changed to it, and then I did this:

    cvs -d ... co .
    cvs ci -rstable

And the answer was:

    cvs commit: Up-to-date check failed for `tramp/lisp/ChangeLog'

Repeated for every source file.

In the info file, it tells me to use `cvs update -jfoo -jbar' but the
problem is that I don't know which `-j' arguments to use.  Well, one
of them should be `-jHEAD', but the other -- I don't know.

I think I should have tagged the head whenever I merged stuff from it
into the stable branch.  But I didn't do that.

So, what is the best way to get myself out of this bind?

Maybe I should abandon the branch altogether and just put a snapshot
from the devel branch on the ftp server.  Argh.

All help welcome,
kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory