Christopher Dimech <dim...@gmx.com> writes:

>> Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 9:29 PM
>> From: "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <arne_...@web.de>
>> To: "Christopher Dimech" <dim...@gmx.com>
>> Cc: "Eshel Yaron" <m...@eshelyaron.com>, emacs-de...@gnu.org
>> Subject: Re: Blog post
>>

>> Christopher Dimech <dim...@gmx.com> writes:
>>
>> > From your experience, have your rants been justified ? Introspection
>> > of other people's rants should be considered part of the work.  After
>> > all, expletives towards demigods have occurred since time immemorial,
>> > and will surely continue.
>>
>> Yes, they were totally justified — but usually not helpful. Most times
>> they needlessly hurt people who then often stopped contributing. A
>> friendly text may have helped to stay together and actually fix the
>> problem to move forward as community. - Arne
>
> Nobody gets hurt.   It is commonly a type of vengeance (a form of
> retaliation) intended to dissuade contrarian views directed towards
> the developers.

I think there’s a misunderstanding here.

When I ranted, my rants were justified, but my rants hurt people and
that did not help. So not ranting but instead writing a friendly text
would have been the better choice.

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein
heißt politisch sein,

---
via emacs-tangents mailing list
(https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-tangents)
  • ... Christopher Dimech via Emacs news and miscellaneous discussions outside the scope of other Emacs mailing lists
    • ... Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
      • ... Christopher Dimech via Emacs news and miscellaneous discussions outside the scope of other Emacs mailing lists
        • ... Eli Zaretskii
          • ... Christopher Dimech via Emacs news and miscellaneous discussions outside the scope of other Emacs mailing lists
      • ... Emanuel Berg