First someone posts a message saying effectively "I am curious about
people's use of [a keybinding]. I am *not* suggesting any change."

Then there are multiple messages from long-standing members of the mailing
list, objecting to the idea of changing [the keybinding].

Then there's a post from a long-time maintainer, saying essentially
"getting things done is not necessarily hard; you just sometimes need to
ignore a bunch of messages posted to emacs-devel".

On the one hand, accidents happen, we don't need "email police", etc. On
the other hand it surely seems like conversation and cooperation via
emacs-devel is vastly worse than it was in the 90's, 2000's, and 2010's.

Is there anything that can/should be done, aside from "everyone try to do a
better job with their own communication"?

Thanks,
~Chad
---
via emacs-tangents mailing list