This is a known issue, and it has to do with the way Wordpress handles the
fields. I believe they are working on this, but the problem is that
different sites use different fields for tags.

I have a version that I have patched, which uses the Keywords field for tags
and the Summary field for excerpts, which works with Wordpress. It is not an
official release but I can share it if you like.