Jodi Kodish Stav <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

�������������������������

I have a signature that uses the above characters.

If I send it from Emailer (to myself as a test,) the signature is
received in Emailer looking the same. But if I send from Mail the
signature is received by Emailer as

'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��'��
That's a neat trick.

By my count, your signature is 25 characters long when it travels via
Emailer->Emailer, but it becomes 75 characters long when it travels via
Mail->Emailer. Apparently, Mail is converting each individual
high-ascii character in the original signature to three high-ascii characters.

What's even stranger is that none of the three high-ascii characters generated by Mail (which I received as 0x92 0xE2 0xE0) match the high-ascii character you meant to send (which I received as 0x89).

I have no idea why Mail is behaving this way, unfortunately. However, the simplest solution for you might be to avoid using high-ascii characters unless you absolutely need them.

___________________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Reply via email to