Hi Steven,

Thank you for your reply.

I know that EMANE does not require lxc containers, and that it can be
configured to run on physical machines and vm's. In our case we really want
to use lxc containers.

"The tutorial provides a simple test flow using LXC Containers
<https://linuxcontainers.org> to create a set of *test nodes* that run
emulator instances along with other applications and services typically
used in the MANET world"

"The *democtl-host* script will launch a number of LXC containers using
*lxc-execute* to invoke the *scripts/demo-init* script for each container."

This clearly indicates that the tutorial will start up lxc containers, just
like we want it to.

"From your host machine you can ssh into a container using the *10.99.0.0/24
<http://10.99.0.0/24>* network (*node-<NODEID>* host names)."

This is what we can NOT do, and what we are asking about. Can you provide
some more details that might help us with this?

Do you have some details as to how the lxc containers are configured in
EMANE, where their config files and file systems are
located so we configure them to allow us SSH access. Normal lxc containers
have most of their details in the /var/lib/ subfolders, but EMANE seems to
use something else. Any detail you can provide would be helpful.

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 4:58 PM, Steven Galgano <sgalg...@adjacentlink.com>
wrote:

> Note: Later versions of lxc require you to sudo the lxc-* commands to
> access privileged container information.

Yes, we always use sudo for the lxc commands, but the emane containers
seems to be hidden by the regular lxc commands for some reason.

Best
Anders