Rebuke from Concern

    Jesus answered, "You people don't believe! How long must I
    stay with you? How long must I continue to be patient with
    you? Bring the boy to me!"

                            -- Mark 9:19 (ERV)

  KEY THOUGHT:
  Don't you know that Jesus really was frustrated with his key followers
  at times? This time he is more than frustrated. He had given them the
  power to do what needed to be done. However, they didn't do it. They
  even thought they couldn't do it, so of course they couldn't! I
  appreciate Jesus' honest rebuke. So often we do so far less than we are
  capable of doing because we lack the faith to try and don't pray for
  God's power to be exerted. Even worse, we do far less than God wants us
  to do because we lack the faith in him to see us through.

  TODAY'S PRAYER:
  O LORD God almighty, you are capable of doing anything your heart
  desires. I recognize that my lack of faith often inhibits your desire
  to work in the world through me. Please increase my faith. In Jesus'
  name I pray. Amen.