You Will Share My Cup!

    The sons answered, "Yes, we can!" Jesus said to the sons,
    "You will suffer the same things that I will suffer. And you
    will be baptized with the same baptism that I must have."

                            -- Mark 10:39 (ERV)

  KEY THOUGHT:
  James and John both paid huge prices for their faith in Jesus. James
  was martyred early in the history of the church. John, on the other
  hand, was exiled to the Island of Patmos where he saw visions of what
  lay ahead for the church in Asia Minor -- a time of persecution,
  apostasy, and challenge. Each gave his life in a different way to
  follow the Master who saw greatness in sacrifice and not in human
  success. O that we might have the courage to do as they both did,
  faithfully serving the Lord no matter what challenges face us in our
  lives.

  TODAY'S PRAYER:
  O God, you are worthy of my life. You gave it to me at my conception. I
  pray that you will use it to your glory. And I trust, dear Father, that
  you will keep it for eternity. In Jesus' name I confess my trust in
  you. Amen.