Peter C. wrote:

Thanks for the example files. I will start with those.

P.S. Should I have reported this possible bug via sourceforge?
The emboss-...@emboss.open-bio.org list is the best way to get
our attention

Great, another mailing list to sign up to... but if that is your
preferred route, that's fine.

Actually, you can't sign up ... that's our bug reporting list :-)
I think this is an EMBOSS specific issue. I don't know enough about
how all the different EMBOSS parsers work, but is there a single
place where you could add automatic handling of either new line
convention when reading in text?

Hope so. I think the issue is places where the parsing is checking explicitly for \n rather than \n and \r. The solution would be to strip both off before parsing. It will need a thorough clean through the ajseqread code.

regards,

Peter