Hi Andres,
From my point of view, it would do the job if I didn't have a _list_ of genes as an input: I hence need to input a list of genes and get as an output a list of the longest ORF computed for each gene. If I do this directly with getorf and sizeseq, my understanding is that sizeseq won't allow me to select the longest ORF for each input sequence. I can make the loop myself, but I won't unless it is not ẗhere somewhere in EMBOSS ;).
Cheers,
Hervé

On 12/06/2011 01:53 PM, Andres Pinzon wrote:
Herve,
Have you tried using "getorf" and then "sizeseq"?
I think it will work. Then you could get the first sequence from the output.

Best,

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 6:11 AM, Jon Ison<ji...@ebi.ac.uk>  wrote:
A note of it is already on the SourceForge "Feature Requests" ...

J:)

Hi Jon,

That's exactly what would make me happy. Assuming it makes it easier for
you if I formulate officially this request, where do I need to send the
request?

Hervé