Hi Sebastien,

From: Mahmut Uludag <ulu...@ebi.ac.uk>
I remember that recent EMBOSS versions doesn't need any configure options or
environment settings for using the gd library. I have the same version (2.0.35)
on my fedora desktop and doesn't get any errors at configure/compile time or
when running the emboss programs that generates graphical output.

If you were using the --with-pngdrive configure option, please retry without
using that option.

The test in ./configure tries to compile a test program using gd to find the
png library functions.

You may have libgd installed but not the matching gd-devel header files and
libraries.

I use this to "force" searches there
CXXFLAGS='-I/software/include' CFLAGS='-I/software/include' LDFLAGS='-L/software/lib64' ./configure

I have libgd.so in one of these paths.

I've just noticed that libgd.a is missing.
Is this particular one used for static builds ?

regards,

Peter Rice
EMBOSS Team

--
Sébastien Moretti
SIB Vital-IT EMBnet, Quartier Sorge - Genopode