> > See thats a bit of the problem. I didn't add a page to configure the
> > two extra
> > ports. It just helps you set the address and the type (in/out) and
> > connected
> > signals to them. Later when time allowed the setup pages could be added.
>
> Is there any way to re-use the existing port setup pages? Just keep
> track of which port they refer to.

Yes I am sure it could and will. I had never coded python before and didn't
want to code something so complicated untill someone had
looked at/played with the work I had already done. I also wanted to think
about the consequences of such a page and how it would be best handled.
In short I was worried I couldn't do it justice and would create  bad code
and I had already done more then I told Jeff (the originator) I would.

> How about simply adding a bunch of comments to the hal file, such as:
> #This port exposes the following pins for your use
> #parport.0.pin-02-out
> #parport.0.pin-03-out
> #parport.0.pin-13-in
> and so on...
 >
> Dunno which hal file the comments should go in though.
>
> That would be handy as I can't always remember which pins are input and
> which are output. You can change the comments to suit the port setup

 (I/O or all input).That could be added to the readme as well as the list of
signals that were

created/connected. This information would be available using 'show' in

halcmd but it might be handy in a readme too.

whats's anyyone's opinion of this idea?

Chris Morley