Hi all

I'm working with the Christian Kohlöffel, author of dxf2gcode
(http://code.google.com/p/dxf2gcode/
) in several directions, one of them is considering switching GUI kit.
The current released dxf2gcode uses wxPython, but this might change;
Christian is currently exploring Tkinter but is unenthusiastic.

The options we see are:
- stay with wx
- switch to tkinter
- PyQt
- PyGTK

requirements are good Canvas drawing/display list handling support
(for instance shape selection), and a decent tree widget.

Qt looks good at the C++ level but the PyQT bindings seem a bit
lacking; no PyQT4 so far.

Axis is Tkinter, but Tkinter seems to fall behind. Intellectual
compatibility with general EMC direction is helpful because EMC is
lacking a good DXF importer sorely, and curbing learning curves is a
bonus.

What would you recommend?

and one question on touchy because I didnt try that yet - does it show
tool path like Axis?

thanks in advance

-Michael