On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 11:49:09PM +0100, Michael Haberler wrote:
> well, Pavel caught me bare-footed again.
>
> do I have to generate a non-standard chain with camview and save it?
> I didnt find a 'save config' type operation in camview-emc
camview-emc has two modes of operation - loading existing chain and generating
one on the fly. Currently i don't see any sense in saving autogenerated chain
but if it's needed - why not? I think there is no sense in saving since chain
may be tightly bound to camera you plug so if you change cam you have to
regenerate chain. More important is that for endusers concept of 'chains' is not
needed at all if autogeneration works fine.

Unfortunately it's in stage of development where is no documentation at all.
But truly speaking codebase of camview-emc is 238 lines of python code :)
So if there is some question - it's easy to consult code :)

> thanks & congratulations! that's an extremely useful feature.
Thanks :) It would be great if you send screenshot of it during some real task
:)
                        Pavel