On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 6:56 PM, EBo <e...@sandien.com> wrote:

>  On 4 January 2011 22:48, Mark <mpic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I was assuming (from a position of ignorance) that there was
> >> something
> >> built in to OpenCascade that dod sweeps. My experience is purely in
> >> 3D
> >> CAD, and in those packages you can only sweep a 2D sketch along a 3D
> >> path.
> >>
> > OCC won't sweep using a solid. If it did, this would be much easier.
>
>  What does it use?  If it only uses a 2D projection, then use the
>  silhouette.

Yes, that's what I'm trying to do with occ's hidden line removal. However, I
ran into problems with the data that opencascade gives me. I need a closed
loop of edges, and for any two ends that are coincident, the edges need to
share the same vertex in memory. They don't share vertex objects, though the
coordinates are the same. I tried to replace one of the vertexes with the
other, but haven't been able to make it work yet. I end up with an invalid
pointer, and haven't tracked the cause down yet.

Mark