Looks like theres a minor startup bug in the bldc comp when using "Q"
(thump start) mode. I'm not absolutely sure whats going on but it looks like
what happens is the current is ramped as the 90 electrical degree rotate is
done (which does seem to align the rotor reliably), but then when the BLDC
comp is done with its init, the PID loop is enabled and the rotor jumps to the
original rotor position before the motor align, not the current rotor
position.

        If the PID loop is tightly tuned this move is quite rough (also
generates a following error or even a UVW current fault in the 8I20 if set for
max current)

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)