On 08/26/2011 09:20 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
> Is it too late to include a fix in the 2.5 distro?

It's not too late!  2.5 is in feature freeze mode, which means we're not
taking new features but we're most definitely taking bug fixes.  We're
trying to get as many bugs fixed in 2.5 as possible before the release.

> I just made a fix in src/hal/drivers/hal_ppmc.c and have committed it to
> master, but if it can
> get into the 2.5 distro, that would be good.
>
> If I can do it, just tell me the git command and I will do it, but I
> don't want to do it wrong
> and cause a mess.

The best way to make bug fixes is to commit them to the *oldest* branch
that they're applicable to (in this case 2.5), and then merge that old
branch into the next newer branch (in this case master), and so on up to
the newest branch it's applicable to (in this case master).

Since you've already committed it to master, the right thing to do now
is to cherry-pick the fix into the oldest branch, then merge up like
normal.  I'll do this now.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky