Thanks for pointing this out, Seb. I see that it also
occurs in the chapter after that one,
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/gcode/coordinates.html

but not in the chapter before those two, or the chapter
after.
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/common/machining_center.html
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/gcode/tool_compensation.html

It seems to be caused by leaving a space between the title
and the reference link, as in
G Code Overview [[cha:Language-Overview]]
instead of
G Code Overview[[cha:Language-Overview]]

Asciidoc can be very fussy. I'm in the process of searching
for all occurrences like this and fixing them. Thanks again.

Kim