>> line 924 of src/emc/rs274ngc/gcodemodule.cc   reads:
>> double d[9] = {0, 0, 0, n[4]-o[4], n[5]-o[5], n[6]-o[6], n[7]-o[7],
>> n[8]-o[8]};
>
> Did anything come of this?
> I was reminded of it by this forum query
> http://www.linuxcnc.org/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,20/func,view/catid,38/id,14097/lang,english/
> Which is probably completely unrelated.

I did not have time to look into this further. If this code is indeed
in active use for the opengl toolpath preview, then I guess it could
be tested:
- set up a machine with xyz and abc axes (maybe uvw also)
- figure out how abc (and/or uvw) are plotted in the preview, or
perhaps set up a vismach model to compare preview with real motion
- program a G2 or G3 move, i.e. circular interpolation in XYZ (in the
active plane). make sure the move simultaneously has a change in abc
and/or uvw
- my prediction based on gcodemodule.cc line 924 is that abc/uvw
previews should be "off by one" (programmed B-move is lost, B moves as
A is programmed, etc. and god knows what W does, it is unitialized in
the code.)

I'll probably have time to do this at some point, but if someone who
is familiar with 5-axis preview and/or vismach wants to jump in,
please feel free!
(I realize that a  G2 or G3 move with simultaneous ABC or UVW motion
is not the most common thing, so this might not be a big issue in
practice - maybe that's why the bug has been hiding for a while..)

Anders