John Thornton wrote:
> Is there a better way to get a screen capture than alt print screen? By
> better I mean one that shows up clear and not grainy when viewed in the
> docs. I've tried anything I could think of for years trying to get a
> better looking screen shot for the docs but have not found anything that
> worked well.

There should be a "take screenshot" or similar application in the menus
that offers the
option of what file format to output.  You can then import that into
gimp and convert, crop,
edit, rescale and filter as needed for better clarity.  (Oh, yes, in
gimp you can use the acquire/
screenshot option to take a screenshot from within gimp.)

Jon