On mer, 2012-01-25 at 20:39 +0100, Michael Haberler wrote:
> Hi Davide,
>
> why dont you just do this for edge detection (adapted from
> configs/gladevcp/complex/complex.py):
>
>     def on_led_pin_changed(self,hal_led,data=None):
>       if hal_led.hal_pin.get():
>               print "LED changed to true"
>       else:
>               print "LED changed to false"
>
> - Michael

That's a good work-around, but you need a LED linked to the pin you want
to read.
with the class i added into hal_glib.py you can create a bit_pin, net
this with what you want into your_file.hal and play your handler.
i.e. in this way i set up a combo of two joystick buttons to start
recording my movements into g-code (yes there is also a LED on it..) and
another combo to wirite "M2" at the end of the file and increment by one
the seq number of the file.
i've found this way very useful.
Davide.