Kent A. Reed wrote:
> On 1/25/2012 10:56 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
>
>> EBo wrote:
>>
>>> who's joking ;-)
>>>
>>> Actually, there are some low-powered SOCs that run Linux, and if any of
>>> them can be made to run LinuxCNC nee EMC2, it would be replaceable.  If
>>> you poke at this please let me/us know...
>>>

>> The BeagleBoard is a good candidate, about 2W with an SD card for
>> "disk", USB
>> ports, etc.  No RTAI so far, but that might come soon.
>>
>> Jon
>>

> Jon:
>
> With respect to this list, it's now closing in on two years since you
> sent your "RTAI port done for Beagle Board" message and approaching a
> year since the brief exchange you had with "cnc Qin". Has something
> happened recently concerning RTAI and the BeagleBoard/OMAP3?

Not a whole lot!  If I sent a "done" message, it was certainly an error
caused by somebody
giving me bad info.  Some French guys did a port of either RT-preempt or
RT-Linux,
I now forget which.  The BeagleBoard has so much potential it is quite
annoying we
don't have an RTAI port for it, yet.  I'm plenty disappointed that it
has been this long,
and I am out of pocket $149 plus shipping to Germany for the Beagle I
supplied
to the ARM maintainer for RTAI, I guess they move at a truly glacial pace!

I know that completing a port like that was WAY out of my league.

Jon