Hello all,

There have been a large number of emails flying around concerning this
subject. In order to understand where this fits into LinuxCNC, I would
like to understand some things:

1 -- Where does this fit into the current (or future) design of LinuxCNC?

2 -- If I were to build a function (or package of functions) to solve
the problem, what would its interface look like?

3 -- Aside from the interface to such a package, what would the rest of
its specification look like?

4 -- What, then, would a test program for such a package look like?

I suppose that what I'm really suggesting is that we convert this
discussion into a project to build the next generation trajectory
planner (if that's the right component name).

I suggest that we start with items 1 and 2 (and maybe 4) and get some
agreement. Then (concurrently) build a test platform and discuss #3.
Various developers can then implement their own versions with varying
internal specifications (acceleration limiting versus jerk limiting
versus variations of gaussian, etc).

I think this would make a nice little (or maybe not so little) project
for collaboration.

Regards,

Ken