Hello again!

Tried to follow the content of the emcrsh-link,
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Emcrsh
at the wikipages recently.

It didn't pop up any 5007-port to connect my telnet-session to as I hoped.
I tried to modify a few .hal-files attached to the emcprojects in the
distribution but no port pops up.

here is the syntax:
  loadusr emcrsh {-- --port <port number> --name <server name> --connectpw
<password>
                  --enablepw <password> --sessions <max sessions>
-ini<inifile>}

and this is (approximately) what I tried:

loadusr emcrsh --port 5009 --name anyName --connectpw aPw

the dashes are plentiful so I even tried(assuming soem odd Linuxstandard):

loadusr emcrsh -- --port 5009 --name anyName --connectpw aPw

(I didn't try with brackets bc that's not the unix I know.)
(I have to confess I'm no LinuxHacker right now ;-)

I'm running the ubuntu 10.04  version on a mac using  VirtualBox but the
code is supposed to run in userspace so that can't be the problem?

I guess I have mis-understood something...

/ Roger