http://us.kontron.com/products/systems+and+platforms/m2m/m2m+smart+services+developer+kit.html

> How is Yocto working out?

I love it -- but I am a bit biased.  I've been using OE in my embedded
linux consulting business for years and am on the Yocto Project
advisory board.

> I emailed a guy from the project a question
> about LinuxCNC, RTAI and Raspberry Pi earlier today.

I looked at doing this on ARM a few months back and it seemed that the
obstacles (ARM RTAI and output hw) were more than I wanted to deal
with at the time.

If linuxcnc supported USB solutions (like Smooth Stepper) ARM would be
a more attractive solution.

I do have experience with Xenomai on ARM, but that doesn't seem to be
a supported RT option for linuxcnc.

I've seen some rumblings about folks trying to put linuxcnc on
Beaglebone, but so far it seems that they have just gotten the
simulator running.

IIRC I got that much running on Beagle xM a while back without too much effort.

> Considering how long a native build apparently takes on the Pi this
> seems like a superficially good plan.

Yeah - native builds on ARM, while possible, are only for the very patient!

Steve