Andreas Strecker wrote:
> Hello
> The only way i know to get rid of the Problem is to measure the Timepoint
> when an edge is created. This can be done by a Software Interrupt and if
> this is too slow one needs a so called Timer Capture Input which stores the
> timer value when the edge occurs in a Hardware Register. By comparing the
> last edge before the Controlloop with the last edge from the previous
> Controlloop one gets the exact speed. v=s/t. s is a discrete natural number,
> so to get exact measurements the time has to be exactly measured.
> Hopes this helps.

Not sure exactly what you are commenting about.  But, if it is about my
comments
on the accuracy of sample time, then software recording of the time of a
sampled
edge doesn't help, as there can be a time gap between any two instructions
due to interrupts or other CPU disturbances, like DMA.  Yes, v=s/t, but
if there
is significant jitter in the t, then accuracy is lost.  You only have to
look at
these things in real life to see HOW BAD it can get!  Take a case where
there
are 1500 encoder counts/second, and it is being sampled at 1000
times/second.
On alternate sample intervals you get one or two counts.  Is the
instantaneous
velocity changing by 50%?  Of course not.  Using a time stamp and a higher
sampling rate, you can smooth out these variations a bit, but you still get
some jitter that can't be reduced.  It is good enough to make a servo loop
work.  I have serious doubts you can extract gain vs. phase info over
a wide range of frequencies with a white noise stimulus to create a Bode
plot in one measurement.

Jon