On 5/6/2013 5:00 PM, EBo wrote:
> does anyone remember the paper that was posted to the group that
> measured the loss in torque as a function of speed and jitter?  That
> might give us a more principled start to develop guidelines.  As a note,
> when you get anywhere close to the jitter threshold the apparent
> acceleration/deceleration is greater than what the motor can handle.
>
>     hope that helps.

Ebo:

You may be thinking of this 2001 SPIE paper:

Frederick M. Proctor and William P. Shackleford, "Real-time Operating
System Timing Jitter and its Impact on Motor Control", Proceedings of
the SPIE Sensors and Controls for Intelligent Manufacturing II, Vol.
4563, pp. 10-16, October 28, 2001.

Nevermind the SPIE paywall. NIST provides a pdf copy at
http://www.nist.gov/customcf/get_pdf.cfm?pub_id=824455

This is the work I alluded to in my earlier email.

Regards,
Kent