On 06/25/2013 12:08 AM, Jon Elson wrote:
> Well, I fired up my old CNC control computer, and was
> able to dump all the Linux and EMC tgz files off it
> with no trouble.  So, I have four EMC files
> straight from NIST, from March 24 1999 to
> 7 June 2000.  A quick scan seems to show that
> all the expected files are there.  It is a LOT smaller
> than the current LinuxCNC source, these tgz files
> run 3 - 5 MB each (not sure why they vary so much).
> I have some other files labeled Linux-<date> but
> they also seem to actually be EMC, but maybe they don't
> contain source.

Matt & I talked over the phone some months back about relicensing, and
to kick things off I sucked the sourceforge.net CVS trees into a set of
git repos.  All EMC history seems to be in there, including commits
going back to EMC's early development at NIST, all the way to when
development was stopped in favor of the new EMC2 code base.  The
CVS->git conversion tool seems to have preserved all branches, commits,
author and timestamp information, so there shouldn't be much mystery
about who committed what.

The repos are currently accessible on mhaberler's server; look for six
projects named 'cvs-*':

http://git.mah.priv.at/gitweb/

I just got around to requesting linuxcnc.org git access and will push
these into that server when I can.

BTW, I'll apologize now for the trouble I raised earlier over difficulty
getting repo access; this was entirely the result of my own laziness and
poor communication!

        John