On 08/23/2013 07:48 AM, andy pugh wrote:
> Now that I appear to be swapping between 32-bit and 64-bit systems
> rather frequently I decided it made more sense to keep the git
> repository on my NAS, then Eclipse should never lose it and all my
> LinuxCNC machines can share the same code repository. Does that seem
> logical?
>
> Setting up the NFS share from the Mac to the NAS was easy, it has
> autofs built-in and basically it just works.
>
> I have not yet managed to get the LinuxCNC machine to work properly in
> the same way. I spent several hours with a chap on the IRC on the
> problem on wednesday, and at one point it appeared that we had cracked
> it with a change to the timeout in the mount command, but it turned
> out to be a fluke, and reconnection via an fstab entry or by a manual
> mount always fails. Re-installaion from scratch of 12.04 Lubuntu did
> not help, nor did a clean installation from the 10.04 LiveCD. I also
> tried installing Autofs on the LinuxCNC machine, and that appears to
> simply not work at all.

Thinking outside the network FS box, a possibility is to keep your main
dev repo on the Mac, and clone it over ssh from the Linux side.  Modify
as needed:

git clone ssh://andypugh@mac/home/andypugh/git/linuxcnc

Set up ssh keys to authenticate without passwords.

When you make a change on your Mac, go to your LinuxCNC machine's
terminal window and 'git pull'.

This is dead simple and fast, as far as the infrastructure.  As far as
work flow, drawback is having to commit your change on the Mac and type
'git pull' (or a shortened alias) on the other side.

        John