There are a couple of annoyences in stepconf  in 2.5.3
if you pick a pyvcp demo, a pin is used that does not exist in the
config produced something like "spindle at speed" (im not on the
machine I set this up on while writing this, I just deleted the line
from the file produced)

If you set a metric default it uses the same numbers as an inch
machine, kinda dumb to have 4mm Z distance for a default. please at
least use figures that the default .ngc needs to run.

Dave Caroline