On 03/21/2014 12:03 AM, EBo wrote:
> On Mar 20 2014 10:56 PM, John Morris wrote:
>> On 03/20/2014 10:14 PM, EBo wrote:
>>> A buddy reached out to me and is working on a xenomai build and has
>>> been having problems.  Looking around I see mhaberler's github
>>> repository (including the unified-build-candidate-3).  What is the
>>> best
>>> sources to start building with xenomai,
>>
>> I guess you already have a Xenomai-patched kernel and the run-time
>> and
>> devel bits?
>>
>> The git.linuxcnc.org repo is the official source for the
>> unified-build-candidate-3 branch.
>
> not sure.  This is not my machine.  Just to make sure, where are the
> instruction for the Xenomai-patched kernel?  I will pass them along.

If you're running Ubuntu, I believe the LinuxCNC project distributes
kernels, but I can't seem to locate them ATM.  The ones I built, and
which the LCNC ones are very close to, are described here:

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?XenomaiKernelPackages

> Thanks for the info on the official unified-build-candidate-3 branch.

Not sure I should've said 'official', since it's a 'candidate' after
all, but it is consistently most up to date, and frozen to new features.

        John