On 03/24/2014 11:03 AM, Kirk Wallace wrote:
> On 03/24/2014 09:25 AM, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:
>> On 03/22/2014 02:17 PM, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:
>>> Hi LinuxCNC Documentors!
>>> There's problems with all three languages; English, French, and Spanish.
>>
>> Francis just fixed all the French docs, and some of the other
>> translations, thanks!
>>
>> I merged the fixes from 2.5 into master, where the new checklinks tests run.
>>
>> The french docs build clean, just the English and Spanish docs have
>> trouble now.
>>

> I haven't looked into this, but I take it that the links are makefile
> links, so one would need to have makefile skills and developer rights in
> git to help out with this?

These broken links are internal links in the docs we manage in git.

No makefile skills or git commit access is needed to help fix these.

All that's needed is the ability to make an anonymous git clone[0], to
build the docs (by running "make docs"), and to find & fix the broken
links in the asciidoc files in docs/src.  After that, the commits that
fix the issues can be contributed back using any of the standard
methods[1].

0:
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/code/Contributing-to-LinuxCNC.html#_the_git_revision_control_system

1:
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/code/Contributing-to-LinuxCNC.html#_overview_of_the_process

I'm happy to help with any of these steps, and especially to augment the
"Contributing to LinuxCNC" documentation to make it easier for folks to
make casual contributions.  Let me know where the docs are lacking!

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky