I want to add a linuxcnc gcode  preview to my C++ Qt application.  So the
first question is, has anyone already done this, so I can reuse the code?

Failing that, I've been looking at implementing it myself.  I can see some
examples such as, gcodemodule.cc and saicanon.cc, which seem to just
implement a whole series of global functions like ARC_FEED and
STRAIGHT_FEED.

Does that sound correct?

If so, my issue seems to be that the class that they rely on, class Interp,
is private to linuxcnc.  I like to keep my code separate from the linuxcnc
git blob - I still don't know how best to manage my changes and the rest of
the world's changes.

Any suggestions on how I can proceede?  I was thinking of writing a public
(to linuxcnc) pure virtual class that wraps the global functions so I would
then create a derived class from that.

Thanks,

Frank