Ok great. Ive been slowly getting my head wrapped around the code and plan
on contributing. We are dead smack in the middle to moving into a new shop.
After that settles down I have a one line fix to get my feet wet.

I do have 2 limit switches on my machine. They have adjustable screws on
them to hit the limits at roughly the same time. The gantry is a little
flexible so the homing hasnt been a problem. I could forsee a feature for
sycronizing joints that are mapped to a single axis since emc is now
"aware" of those mappings in the ini file. I remember there was a
discussion about that not too long ago.