On Nov 6 2015 6:19 AM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 6 November 2015 at 12:57, EBo <e...@sandien.com> wrote:
>>> It's a terrible programming language, but then it was never
>>> intended
>>> to be one.
>>
>> fine, but what is better?  STEP-NC (ISO-10303/14649)?
>
> It is a machine control language, not a programming language.
> If you want a programming language then it probably makes sense to
> use
> one, and to output G-code (or direct motion commands)

I'm not disagreeing, and in fact that is what I typically do.  I was
curious what people thought was better for both machine control and
something that straddles general programming and machine control?

Put another way, what is the state of the art with regards to machine
control and motion primitive programming?

   EBo --