> On Thursday 19 May 2016 19:42:40 Jeff Epler wrote:
>
> > On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 03:37:21PM -0500, John Morris wrote:
> > > I'm trying to make sense of some strange behavior in preview.  See
> > > the program, attached and pasted below, which documents the problem.
> > >
> > > Is this a known bug?
> >
> > Not to me before now.  But confirmed in 2.6 and 2.7 branches.
> >
> > Jeff
> >
> I am running the 2.8-pre's on 3 machines here Jeff, and have had some
> similar gotcha's happen when its clear the machine is not doing what I
> typed in the MDI command window.  The only way I have found to correct
> it is to, despite the status window saying its in g54, but do a g54
> anyway (dro does not change), followed by the g55 (dro does change) to
> get back to the co-ord system thats setup for the code, before the
> machine will then do, from the MDI, the code written for the program one
> line at a time. Its been a bit un-nerving when a joint error is
> encountered that stops things, in my case powering down the spindle psu
> too because its full power is tied to a timer on the enable button.  So
> there is a bunch of stuff I have to do before I can actually ask the
> machine to move again.  Hugely distracting to ones chain of thought.
> I have not been able to determine what g5x mode it is in because while it
> says g54, the MDI commands do not seem to execute in g54 space either,
> however thats not been well explored here, so I could be wrong.

I have also experienced some problems and have use the g54 command but can't
give a good description since I assumed problem was further down in hardware I
was supposed to test.

I am pretty I had some issues with z-axis at slow speed but this was then
testing pulse generator so I can't confirm for sure.

Nicklas Karlsson