On 01/07/2017 02:42 AM, John Morris wrote:
> I've been asked about some seemingly unintuitive behavior:  the max
> velocity slider is not applied to rotary-only motion.  You can try this
> yourself by running the `axis_9axis.ini` config, setting the max
> velocity slider to zero, and noting rotary axes still move after e.g.
> `g0 a180 f40`.

So, I now have a proof-of-concept branch that plumbs a max angular
velocity from the UI to TP and back.  Similar to max [linear] velocity,
it uses units (degree)/minute.  In the Axis GUI, it's easy to scale max
angular velocity proportionally to (max
velocity)/([DISPLAY]MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY) wrt
[DISPLAY]MAX_ANGULAR_VELOCITY.  The plumbing involves adding extra args
or fields to existing functions, structs and NML messages related to max
velocity, so when one is set, the other is always set at the same time.

However, I'm leaning away from submitting the changes for mainline
inclusion.  My heart isn't really in this one, and I'm not feeling the
passion for doing what it takes to ready it for GA (sincere thanks to
Norbert for offering to do the gmoccapy integration!), although I'm
happy to push it somewhere if anyone's curious.  Thanks again for all
the replies.

        John