On 01/26/2017 06:00 AM, andy pugh wrote:
> Someone on the forum just noticed that, even on a lathe, where it
> makes no sense, M2 resets to the XY plane.
>
> Is this really correct behaviour?

There was a lot of discussion about this several months ago.  This is a
non-trivial fix, and won't be fixed in 2.7.  Rob's state tags work will
fix it, though, in an upcoming release.  (My efforts to get it into
master have temporarily stalled out, but I'll be back at it soon.)
Search the github issue tracker if you're curious.

        John